Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ruthie Sommers

I don't usually go "ga ga" over a particular designer as I like so many different things and styles but I came across the house that Ms. Sommers designed for a young couple in Chicago in the January issue of Town & Country and was ready to call the couple and ask when I could move in.  The house is lovely!  Take a peek:


Even with the snow on the ground, you just want to curl up by the fire.  Another view of the same room:




I recall reading that she did not want the owner to paint the "cocktail room" red but it looks pretty good:



Here are some more shots of her work in other houses:






I was told recently that lucite is coming back:







And I love this post (from Tory Burch I believe) from Mother's Day:


Not only is she talented but she has depth!  Enjoy your Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...