Wednesday, November 28, 2012

What to Wear - Christmas Cocktails

I am not a fashionista by any means and am a conservative dresser.  But I thought it would be fun to create a new outfit for a holiday cocktail party.  Kinda "fantasy dress-up" if you will.  Pants are my dress of choice but I am branching out these days into dresses more.  But we'll do just one outfit for now, maybe a dress or two later on.

I'd start with this jacket from J Crew Collection.  I love it!  It's a little out of my budget at the moment but maybe it will go on sale or magically appear in my size at the outlet.  But this will last for many years.  I also love it with jeans, but not for cocktails.


I'd put something fun underneath it like this sequin t-shirt also from J Crew. I have a solid black one from last year that has long sleeves.  This one is more fun.  This is also versatile.


For pants, I came up with two options. Both of these are from J Crew.  I like these below, which are more festive.  But not everyone can wear these.  Second option is a more tailored black wool. I like slim fitting pants. 



For shoes I came up with two options.  I have a hard time wearing heels due to a foot injury.  Belgian loafers are a must.  These came from Barney's.  You can buy versions of these in different brands. The real Belgian Loafers (order on-line from NY) are wonderful.  
 If you must have heels I like these from Tory Burch.  I could never wear these but you get the idea. 

For jewelry I would go "light" on the earrings and more bold on the necklace with the pink jacket.   All the jewelery below is from Monkees of the Village in Winston-Salem, NC.  They have a good FB site.


I like the black necklaces on the bottom row:


You need a cute handbag. For that I would defer to Kate Spade. I am loving her bags right now.



Hope you like the outfit.  I think dressing up at the holidays is so much fun!  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love your outfit of choice! You did such a great job and gave us plenty of options! Now, if you could just find me an emerald green top that I can wear with leggings and boots I would be set! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all adorable, but I want to wear a dress to a party. I have a lovely new garnet-red knit wrap dress I want a chance to wear. The problem is that going to a party in the winter is so darn COLD! Pants are almost a necessity, -and- a cashmere sweater. I'd skip the boots in favor of a very pretty, dressy shoe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...