Monday, February 18, 2013

Horses and Oscars

I was hoping that there was at least a bit of history with horses in Oscars, but no such luck.  Well, for a stretch you might consider the role of the horse in The Godfather but maybe we should not go there.

War Horse did in fact bring a horse to the Oscars. Steven Spielberg is a horse lover (he did buy Rumba for his daughter a few years ago).  But I love watching the Oscars and used to plan an Oscar's party every year when I worked in Washington many moons ago.  Used to buy Oscars for those that correctly picked the winners.  It was a lot of fun.

Hoping that Life of Pi, Lincoln and Silver Linings Playbook win awards as they are the only ones I have seen so far.  Hoping to see Argo soon. 

I will leave you with a photo of War Horse's visit to the Oscars last year.  Who says horses don't get out much?  This one sure does.  Make sure you watch this Sunday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...