Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Favorite Local Artist


My dear friend and neighbor Michael is a budding artist and is showing his work this Friday here in Virginia at a local gallery.  He did portraits of the horses last year, you may have seen that blog but the link is here just in case.


I like his animals the best.  He is a true animal lover and it comes across in his work don't you think?



The opening is this Friday from 5 to 7 pm in Lexington, VA at the Nelson Gallery.  Wouldn't it be great to have the painting gene?  Enjoy your Wednesday. More rain in Virginia. Watching the grass grow by the hour!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I like them as well and especially like the sheep and the skies in the rural scapes.

    I wish I lived close enough to check out the showing.

    Pearce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your neighbor is one talented guy! He has a really distinctive technique and great eye for color. The horse and sheep portraits are really neat, but for some reason I just adore that last landscape. Overall I am most impressed, and hope his showing goes very well, both critically and financially!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...