Sunday, July 7, 2013

Unexpected Agony



Sometimes life throws us a curveball and I got one major league on the night of July 4th.  This lovely mare kicked me literally to the ground and broke my left arm.  It was not intentional, in the field at night right before a large summer storm.  But nonetheless, the damage was done.  Let's say that I seen this mare up close and personal.

Surgery is this week as they can't set the arm, so we will be offline a bit.  Thank goodness for drugs! But before I succumb to the doctors a great surprise is in store so stay tuned.......

8 comments:

  1. Terrible news :(. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you heal quickly and completely, and hope you have help in the mean time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GRC.ltd.design@gmail.comJuly 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

    So sorry!! Been there, done that....I'm in Fauquier so if you need help just email!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horse. Unpredictable. Sorry to hear of your injury and hope you are able to get back to your writing soon. I am sure you will miss this among other things :)

    I am a horseman of 40+ years. This year I was accidentally run over by a lovely quiet horse when his owner went to catch him! I was stepped on and knocked out for 5+ mins. I still find it hard to believe.

    Happy healing and good luck with the surgery.

    Pearce

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your broken arm, it must be bad to require surgery. Will miss your posts while you are out of pocket.
    Hope you feel better ASAP. Healing thoughts coming your way.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your soon on the road to recovery. Please know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers!
    Your blog is a highlight in my day!!!!

    Happy Healing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how awful! Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery & lots of TLC to help you mend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is disappointing. I hope you have a speedy recovery after the surgery. I will send healing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...