Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Art of Snail Mail

No one writes letters anymore as we are overrun by tweets, eblasts, and texts. Sadly this is true for many people, but not for me.  I love to send thank you notes, short letters for birthdays, special occasions or sometimes for no reason at all. 
 
In this age of disposable and intangible communications—when we delete our emails, hang up our conversations, and  literally turn on and off our books, a  letter, a real letter, written by hand with a pen, on paper is a powerful a way of communicating.  I am hoping it does not die a long painful death.   
“Letter writing,” Lord Byron wrote, “is the only device for combining solitude with good company.”
 
And engraved is best.  I love the look and feel.  And paper is an extension of your own personality....
 


 
One of my new year's resolutions is to write more letters.....
 




 
There's simply no reason not to be stylish when you write!


1 comment:

  1. I still write letters too. I sometimes have to or I get off topic when I actually talk to the person the forget what I really wanted to say. I love getting cards st the museum of art to use as letters. I love your choices too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...