Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cabin Crush

Hubby and I have been on a cabin hunt for several years. He loves the farm but pined for a secluded cabin in the woods down a long and winding dirt road in the middle of nowhere, a place for him.  We diverged.  I didn't want to be isolated, alone, miles from anything and if he found it an hour or two away I might never see him again! But finally we compromised and voila and found the perfect spot, we now own an adorable quaint cabin only three miles from the farm!


It has all the character and charm that we wanted and it needs very little work, a new shower and some exterior maintenance.  And I can't wait to decorate.  Here is the view from the back as you come up the driveway.



 We have a nice winter view facing east:
 The main room is the living room. I have a lot of furniture to recover. It's comfortable and cozy.

Looking into the bathroom on the main floor:

 I love the kitchen!

A view of the large fireplace:

 The bedroom is also cozy!
 We have a nice studio too, heated and cooled:

 And a shed for tools:

We love the cabin!  Can't wait for winter now!

3 comments:

  1. I love it, too. If it were all on one level, I'd be there in a flash! Enjoy fixing up the new place and cozying up for the winter there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I'm very happy for you. In 2012, my husband and I built our getaway dream cabin in Fancy Gap Va.(we live in NC) He likes cabin while I like farmhouse so "Virginiarosa" is a blend. We used old details where ever it was possible. I own a few Bunny Williams books, so I feel like she helped me decorate Enjoy your cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous! What an amazing find.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...