Saturday, November 18, 2017

Horse Country Chic Wedding Registry - Part 2

A few weeks ago, I put together a mock "wedding registry" for "casual" entertaining at the suggestion of a reader.  Today, I am back with Part Two, the "formal entertaining" registry, which is so much harder to select. There are so many fabulous patterns out there and I love them all.  But I tried to think about selecting items that will stand the test of time, that will go with various decors (if I move) or will be able to be used during all the seasons and holidays. So here it goes.

I love green, and while I toyed with blue china, I keep coming back to green. I would pick a "base" dinner plate or even a charger like this Herend pattern in green.  This is Princess Victoria Green.  I love Herend china and have a set of Rothchild Birds which I adore.  But if I had to do it all over again, I'd pick dinner plates and cups and saucers in a pattern like this.




I'd then select 2-3 patterns to use as accent plates.  By choosing accent plates, you'll essentially have several sets of china that you can use by just changing the plates, the linens, etc. 

This is a good accent pattern Royal Crown Derby pattern, Gold Aves. You could use this with white dinner plates at Christmas and add green and red accents to make a Christmas china.  This pattern is timeless too, it will never go out of style.



I might also use Herend Blue Garland as an accent plate:


Or Tobacco Leaf:

Or this pattern, Haviland & Parlon Matignon Green.


It's so hard to pick as I love them all.....

Selection for linens is equally important and I love these in green from Matouk.


Monogrammed linens are a must like these napkins:


I'd pick something plain for flatware, like this pattern, Albi from Christofle:


Glassware is equally important.  I tend to like "lighter" stemware like this pattern from William Yeoward:

There is so much stuff out there now, it is just so hard to pick it all out.  This is where I would start if I had to do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...