Friday, March 23, 2018

China Love

Growing up, I worked in the china department of a large store and that's where it all began.  Too many nights spent with Wedgewood, Lenox, Noritake, Gien and others, a kinship that continues even now.  This love affair will never end and a deep lover for china, place settings, a lovely table setting  and linens is embedded in my DNA.  As I keep looking for spring here in Virginia, I am instead, locked inside the house with china love, mixing and matching, searching for new unknown patterns, and making tablescapes in my sleep, pairing these lovely salad plates with plain white dinner plates for new looks for the spring table.....



I love finding inexpensive brands to mix with more traditional plates.  My newest purchase is the Williams-Sonoma bunny plates that will adorn my table for Easter (even though we are going out).



It saddens me that people don't love to set lovely tables like they used to.  Fast fashion has made its way to fast everything and the joys of entertaining have been lost outside the home.  But some of us can still find the time and interest for entertaining, setting a grand table and if nothing else, it makes the food taste a little better.  Right?  I love these patterns from Pottery Barn.  The green trellis plates are so spring-like.


Add the Chinoiserie Dinner Plates with the Rattan Chargers for a wonderful summer look......


Hope you make some entertaining plans this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...